Thank you to Bflury on TS3 Forums for organizing this list! I fixed a lot of spelling/grammar/writing issues for you guys…enjoy!
Everything below has been 100% confirmed, excluding the final category.
This is a list of features that were COMPLETELY CUT or REDUCED from previous iterations of The Sims. It DOES NOT include missing expansion pack content that should be base by now (i.e. Weather) or new features promised for Sims 4 that were later cut (i.e. Woohoo Skill).
Lastly, it is important to understand that much of this content will NEVER be in The Sims 4. Things like Create a Style are not compatible with the game engine, and thus cannot be added in future updates or expansions.
MAJOR MISSING FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:
- No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions (x)
- No modifications to world/public spaces - The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
- No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
- No open world - You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total (x1) (x2)
- No pools (x)
- No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
- No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention (x)
- No toddlers (x)
- No way to create/place new lots - And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
- No Mac version of the game at release
okay but seriously
who saw this fucking thing
and was like “Yeah this is cool and all but it needs more cuddly-ass furry art”
you guys are sick fucks and i fucking love you
YESS YES FUCK THE ROBITS
DON’T FUCK THE ROBOTS
LET’S FUCK THE ROBOTS
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT
Last weekend I attended Anthrocon and it was pretty darn awesome. While I don’t consider myself a furry, I do enjoy realistic costumes, so I took the raptor mask I made (base/blank by: http://kierstinlapatka.tumblr.com/ ) and some gloves I put together. I ran out of time to make a tail. I figured I’d raptor around the con incognito, because it’s fun to be anonymous. Unfortunately for my planned secrecy, I was unaware that in the interim my last photoset of the raptor mask managed to accumulate around 3,000 notes on Tumblr, and the internet knew that it was mine, so there was no secrecy or anonymity. OH WELL I had fun anyhow! Let me tell you though, it’s super weird to have people come up and shout “I SAW THIS ON TUMBLR" in real life. Uhhh. Hi, Internets.
Thus, I raptored around the con and generally acted like a nuisance. The very best reactions were the ‘muggles’… people on the street. They acted like it was Disneyworld and almost everyone really loved it. My friend managed to get a photo of me peeking into a bar window. Check out the enthusiastic lady on the far right.
I even managed to bump into my eagle mask being worn around the con a few times, which was super exciting to me (the Philippines Eagle mask seen above).
All photo credit goes to my friends Byzil and Hypno.
Here is a short video. I didn’t know she was recording at first so I was holding very still so she could take a still photo. Oops. Also ignore my bad anatomy raptor wrists pose. I had just smacked Dark Natasha in the throat with my claws accidentally and was feeling a bit sheepish. (Natasha was fine, but apparently I was going for the kill. Instincts?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLdFoQOSOg
I am thinking of naming her Kinglet, after the bird that inspired her.